• fresh and dried herbs. I suggest some or all of the following, but follow your instincts for herbs that are fragrant and edible: lavender, sages, mint, jasmine, chamomile, calendula, rose petals, etc.
• essential oils (same guidelines as above)
• epsom salts
• coconut oil
• bowl and spoon
• assorted jars
• a small spray bottle
• possible grocery store items to be determined by campers (ie avocado, yogurt, turmeric, etc)
• might need to use the blender once or twice!
• a few small pieces of soft fabric for the sleep mask (nothing furry or even flannel-y as fibers can get in the eyes and irritate)
• needle, thread and fabric scissors
• pins and pincushion
• embroidery floss
• 12" of nice looking elastic (if you're looking online, search for lingerie elastic)
If we come up with new project ideas during camp, I'll make sure any additional supplies are readily accessible!
magical being, 2
July 26- July 30 | 9am- 2pm pacific time
Ages 10+ | $300 | 12 spaces
In Magical Being 2 (not dependent on the other week of Magical Being- the activities will be different so you can sign up for either or both), we will take a deep dive into our Selves and the comfort and healing that Nature so generously offers us. Every day we will be making herbal foot baths, masks, scrubs, mists and adornment. We will also embroider and sew an herbal eye mask to help us get plenty of nourishing sleep during these light months and beyond.
In addition to the multiple projects above, camp days are full of games, movement, oracle cards and sacred space, all rooted in emotional intelligence and reverence for Life and the Earth.
My teaching style has developed over 7 years as a Waldorf unschooling parent and teacher to other homeschoolers: wonder with a healthy dose of irreverence.
I encourage kids to play, to respectfully question authority and to celebrate their 'mistakes'.
I wholly agree with George Bernard Shaw that "What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child."
Please note that each day campers will close out of their computers for an hour from noon-1 for lunch.
After registration, you will receive an email with the zoom link for each week of camp you enroll in.
The week before camp begins, I'll send out a reminder along with any last-minute updates.
Full payment is due at the time of enrollment, which includes an $80 nonrefundable deposit. All cancellations made more than 20 days prior to camp start date may receive a refund minus the $80 nonrefundable deposit.
Cancellations made within 20 days of the camp start date are NONREFUNDABLE.